||6 anni fa|
|.gitignore||6 anni fa|
|LICENSE||6 anni fa|
|README.md||6 anni fa|
|api.py||6 anni fa|
|crypt.py||6 anni fa|
|itemmanager.py||6 anni fa|
|requirements.txt||6 anni fa|
|sn_fuse.py||6 anni fa|
|standardnotes_fs.py||6 anni fa|
Mount your Standard Notes account as a filesystem and edit your notes as plain text files.
This allows you to edit your notes in your favorite text editor, use standard *nix programs and Bash scripts to manipulate them, or back them up with rsync.
This is an unofficial Standard Notes client.
(env) $ python standardnotes_fs.py ~/notes Please enter your Standard Notes username: email@example.com Please enter your password (hidden): (env) $ tree ~/notes /home/tanner/notes ├── Accounts ├── Books ├── Checklists ├── Invention Ideas ├── News Notes ├── Shopping ├── standardnotes-fs ├── Todo └── Wifi 0 directories, 31 files (env) $ cat ~/notes/Todo V Get groceries V Laundry X Replace kitchen light O Write standardnotes-fs readme O Release standardnotes-fs (env) $ fusermount -u ~/notes
usage: standardnotes_fs.py [-h] [--username USERNAME] [--password PASSWORD] [-v] [--foreground] [--sync-sec SYNC_SEC] [--sync-url SYNC_URL] [--no-config-file] [--config CONFIG] [--logout] [mountpoint] positional arguments: mountpoint local mountpoint folder optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --username USERNAME Standard Notes username to log in with --password PASSWORD Standard Notes password to log in with NOTE: It is NOT recommended to use this option! The password may be stored in history, so use the password prompt instead. -v, --verbosity output verbosity -v or -vv (implies --foreground) --foreground run standardnotes-fs in the foreground --sync-sec SYNC_SEC how many seconds between each sync. Default: 30 --sync-url SYNC_URL URL of Standard File sync server. Defaults to: https://sync.standardnotes.org --no-config-file don't load or create a config file --config CONFIG specify a config file location. Defaults to: /home/tanner/.config/standardnotes-fs/standardnotes-fs.conf --logout delete login credentials saved in config and quit
For Debian/Ubuntu-based systems
$ sudo apt-get install fuse python3 python3-pip python3-virtualenv
Clone the repo and install Python Dependencies:
$ git clone https://github.com/tannercollin/standardnotes-fs.git $ cd standardnotes-fs/ $ virtualenv -p python3 env $ . env/bin/activate (env) $ pip install -r requirements.txt (env) $ deactivate $
$ mkdir ~/notes $ . env/bin/activate (env) $ python standardnotes_fs.py ~/notes (env) $
When you are finished, unmount:
(env) $ fusermount -u ~/notes (env) $ deactivate $
- Important: standardnotes-fs has not been tested vigorously yet. Before you use it, please make a backup of your notes by selecting
Account > Download Data Archivein the official Standard Notes client.
- Your account password is not stored and the Python variable is deleted after your encryption keys are generated with it.
- Your account's encryption keys are stored in a config file on disk. This can be disabled with
- By default the client syncs with the Standard Notes server every 30 seconds and after any note modifications are saved.
- If connection to the server is lost, it will keep trying to sync periodically.
- Filesystem functions currently supported: getattr, readdir, read, truncate, write, create, unlink, utimens, and rename.
- Creating hidden files (names beginning with a period) is disabled to prevent junk file creation.
- Notes with identical names are deduplicated by adding a number to the end.
This program is free and open-source software licensed under the GNU GPLv3. Please see the
LICENSE file for details.
That means you have the right to study, change, and distribute the software and source code to anyone and for any purpose as long as you grant the same rights when distributing it. You deserve these rights. Please take advantage of them because I like pull requests and would love to see this code put to use.
Thanks to all the devs behind Standard Notes, Python, libfuse and FUSE.